MEDICARE PART B
PART B COSTS
You pay a premium each month for Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance). Most people will pay the standard premium amount. However, if your modified adjusted gross income as reported on your IRS tax return from 2 years ago is above a certain amount, you may pay an Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amount (IRMAA). IRMAA is an extra charge added to your premium.
- Most people pay a Part B premium each month.
- You pay an annual Part B deductible.
- Some people automatically get Part B. Some people have to apply for it.
- If you don’t sign up for Part B when you’re first eligible, you may have to pay a late enrollment penalty.
- If your modified adjusted gross income as reported on your IRS tax return from 2 years ago (the most recent tax return information provided to Social Security by the IRS) is above a certain amount, you may pay more.
- Social Security will contact some people who have to pay more depending on their income. The amount you pay can change each year depending on your income. If you have to pay a higher amount for your Part B premium and you disagree (for example, if your income goes down), you can appeal the decision.
- If you have limited income and resources, your state may help you pay for Part A and/or Part B.
PART B COVERAGE
Part B Medicare coverage is known as Medical Expenses Insurance program. Part B covers some of two types of medically necessary medical services.
- Diagnostic medical services necessary to determine, diagnose and treat a medical condition
- Some Medical services that are deemed and considered to be preventative in nature. The goal of these preventative services is the early detection in order to provide timely management of the medical situation.
If you feel you may qualify, or if you would like to find out how to apply, please contact our office at 503-659-5566 or toll-free 888-944-4644 to speak with one of our licensed sales representatives. We are happy to help you in this process
“Even though I have been in the health field since 1973 as a nurse I knew nothing about finding the right Medicare Advangage plan for myself on retirement, I spent a very informative meeting with one of your agents who answered my questions, concerns and helped me pick the right plan for myself. I will be recommending this company to everyone I can!”
Barbara - Portland, OR
Thank you, Blessings on you and your business for all you do to help folks. We will definitely recommend your services.”
Don and Karen - Portland, OR
“Thank you for helping my friend. You never cease to make me proud. I know that you have done similar things for all your clients. Again many thanks.”
Joan - Portland, OR
“Was it REALLY rainy and foggy last Saturday a.m.? NOT with Willamette Valley Benefits to the rescue! You changed my scary plight to a HAPPY fairy-tale ending. You are magic!”
Judy - Portland, OR
“Thank again for you and your company’s diligence regarding advising us of plan changes. You make all our lives better.”
Gary and Yvonne - Portland, OR
“Thank you for all your work, time and assistance in finding a benefits program combination that should work for me. Working with you gave me a much greater sense of confidence. Again many thanks for all your help and experience. You’re Terrific! Thank You!”
Rebecca - Beaverton, OR
“What a delight it was for me to meet you! I greatly appreciate ALL your kind and gracious help. In every interaction (whether by phone or in person) you have made me feel comfortable. You helped clarify a very confusing process. I hope you receive great rewards for your good work.”
Sue - Portland, OR
“I wanted to let you know how pleased I was with our meeting. I think we had the perfect outcome. I am impressed with your knowledge and willingness to “listen” to me. I look forward to a long-term relationship going forward and I will be happy to give you referrals.”
Jim - Portland, OR
“We are deeply grateful to you for your expert help to our friend. She had worried for months about this required change in her medical insurance status. When she left your office she was transformed, relieved, and grateful. We are among many people who are very grateful for the service you provide us. Thank you for all you do.”
Carol - Portland, OR
“WVB, Inc is on the tip of my tongue whenever the subject of health insurance comes up. Thanks for your professionalism and working knowledge of the industry!”
Richard - Portland, OR
“Uncle Danny is so surprised and relieved about the maximum out of pocket expense. His friend who was in the same nursing home is getting bills for thousands of dollars. So I called him and told him to check his expenses so far this year. He is hopeful. Who would have thought that when we met, years ago. Your knowledge would have such far reaching effects.”
Kitty - Canby, OR